There is many RFID inlays. That leads us to create expert knowledge system for you. The expert knowledge system will help you with the ricght choice of inlay or chip. You don´t have to understand all of the RFID technology but you only answer some questions and the expert knowledge system will serve you with suitable products.
Information transmission between the RFID tag and reader is wireless. It uses several frequency bands historically.
If you already use an RFID system or if you know what technology do you want to use, choose from the available options:
In many cases, the possibility of using RFID tags is limited by the object which is identified by the tag. In simplistic terms, there is a direct correlation between the surface and shape in given reading distance. Neglecting the effect of surroundings, the theoretical reading distance can be calculated for the radiated power of the reading device.
If you have limited dimensions, enter the surface for attaching the RFID INLAY.
In the usage of RFID technology less is sometimes more. Too long read range may be disadvantageous when it is necessary to identify an object only in a certain place or time. UHF technology, which uses waves, allows in real environment to achieve reading distance of about 10 m. HF technology is limited by inductive transmission and the maximum reading distance is tens of centimetres using of the antenna systems of meter dimensions as well.
The reading distance is influenced by many factors, some of them are predefined (the shape and size of the antenna, sensitivity of the chip, cable length,...) and some of them can be changed dynamically (performance, attenuation, rotation,...).
To simplify, we can define three categories of reading distances, from which you can choose the most similar to your project:
1. Very short – used especially in cases, where the purpose is only one item identification at a time (e. g. container on the conveyor, credit card on terminal,...)
2. Middle – used especially in cases, where the purpose is a bigger set of tags identification (e. g. contents of the package, shelf invertory,...)
3. Long – used especially in cases, where the position of subjects to the reader is variable (e. g. passage of the shipping pallet through an expeditionary window, move runners in the goal space,...)
Unlike the conventional computer technology, in the field of RFID, it is still used the bit, as a memory unit. The reason is a passive technology of the power supply and demand at the lowest price of the tag possible.
In the category of HF tags, it is standard the memory of 1024-4096 bits, reflecting higher security standards. In the category of UHF tags, it is standard the memory size of 96 to 256 bits.
The original idea of RFID was to mark an object by a unique identifier, when the other information was stored in a superior database system, similarly as in the barcode and the EAN systems. It satisfies the memory of 96 bits for these purposes. For various reasons, the memory of RFID tag is used as a carrier of all the information about the marked object, which is necessary to its identification in the OFF-LINE mode, without the any interconnection to the superior system. For this purpose, it is necessary with a greater capacity.
1. Inlay has standardized AES protection?
2. Inlay has 2D antenna shaping?
3. Fixing INLAY directly to a metal? – products coming soon
4. Fixing INLAY on a glass medicine bottles? – products coming soon
5. Fixing INLAY in jewelery? – products coming soon
6. Will the INLAY be used at temperatures above °C ? If so, please visit the site rfidtag.cz